Tuesday, Aug 21 2018 | Time 04:04 Hrs(IST)
image
  • Tennis-Tsonga pulls out of U S Open with knee injury
  • At least eight dead in surge of white-water creek in Italy
  • Morocco's king appoints new minister for economy and finance - statement
  • FIFA's legal chief Villiger leaves governing body
  • At least eight dead in surge of white-water creek in Italy
  • U S firms warn next China tariffs to cost Americans from cradle to grave
  • Six dead as Brazilian soldiers swarm Rio slums in anti-drug assault
  • New outcry over Trump's revocation of Brennan security clearance
  • Morocco's king appoints new minister for economy and finance - statement
  • South Africa's Land Bank says land expropriation could trigger default
  • U S health secretary says agency can eliminate drug rebates
  • Spanish police treat attempted knife attack as terrorist act
India Share

Water Resources Ministry signs MoU with Bihar, J'khand for completion of North Koel Reservoir Project

New Delhi, Jan 12 (UNI) A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, Bihar and Jharkhand for completion of balance works of North Koel reservoir project at an estimated cost of Rs 1622.27 crore.
A supplementary Memorandum of Agreement has also been signed between Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation, National Water Development Agency, NABARD with State Governments of Bihar and Jharkhand for funding of the state share under Long Term Irrigation Fund (LTIF) for North Koel reservoir project.
The MoU was signed today during a meeting chaired by Mr Upendra Prasad Singh, Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
Mr Sanjay Kundu, Director General NWDA and Mr H R Dave, Deputy Managing Director, NABARD were also present.
The construction of North Koel project was started in 1972 but was later halted in 1993. The project situated on North Koel river, a tributary of Sone river will provide irrigation to 1,11,521 hectares of land annually in the most backward and drought prone areas of Palamu and Garhwa districts in Jharkhand and Aurangabad and Gaya districts in Bihar.
Out of the estimated cost of balance works of Rs 1622.27 crore, the common component amounting to Rs 1013.11 crore will be borne by the Union Government as a grant from LTIF under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana (PMKSY).
Out of remaining cost of works amounting to Rs 609.16 crore pertaining to Bihar and Jharkhand portion, 60 per cent of the cost amounting to Rs 365.5 crore will be financed by Central Government from LTIF making the total Central share as Rs 1378.61 crore. Remaining 40 per cent of cost amounting to Rs 243.66 crore will be borne by the States through the loan financed by NABARD.
The project is scheduled to be completed in 30 months from the start of the project.

UNI NY CJ 0751
More News
Shashi Tharoor lands in Geneva to seek UN assistance for Kerala floods

Shashi Tharoor lands in Geneva to seek UN assistance for Kerala floods

20 Aug 2018 | 10:23 PM

Geneva, Aug 20 (UNI) Congress leader and former UN diplomat Shashi Tharoor landed here, to talk to UN officials for ensuring assistance for Kerala floods.

 Sharesee more..

Centre focuses on supply of food, medicine, restoration of essential services in Kerala

20 Aug 2018 | 10:00 PM

New Delhi, Aug 20 (UNI) As the flood situation in Kerala remained grim, the Centre was focusing on sufficient supply of food, medicine and restoration of essential services like power supply and communication network for the state.

 Sharesee more..
While Sangh Parivar spreads divisive politics, Kerala fish-folk saves lives, says Brinda Karat

While Sangh Parivar spreads divisive politics, Kerala fish-folk saves lives, says Brinda Karat

20 Aug 2018 | 9:54 PM

New Delhi, Aug 20 (UNI) Lashing out at the RSS and the BJP, the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) polit bureau member Brinda Karat on Monday said that while the Sang Parivar organsiations continued with its divisive politics, the working people of Kerala was involved in rescue and operations.

 Sharesee more..

Gopalkrishna Gandhi receives 24th Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana award

20 Aug 2018 | 9:42 PM

New Delhi, Aug 20 (UNI) Former West Bengal Governor and Gandhian thinker Gopalkrishna Gandhi was on Monday conferred with the 24th Rajiv Gandhi Sadbhavana award.

 Sharesee more..
Congress 'misinformed and misled by malicious vested interests': Anil Ambani writes to Rahul

Congress 'misinformed and misled by malicious vested interests': Anil Ambani writes to Rahul

20 Aug 2018 | 9:31 PM

New Delhi, Aug 20 (UNI) Expressing his 'deep anguish' over continued personal attacks on him by the Congress, Reliance Group chairman Anil Ambani has written to party president Rahul Gandhi, saying that the Congress was 'misinformed, misdirected and misled by malicious vested interests and corporate rivals'.

 Sharesee more..
image