Thursday, Jul 19 2018 | Time 17:04 Hrs(IST)
image
image
  • Trump says there’s ‘no rush’ for North Korea to denuclearise
  • DCW questions Police's role at GB road, asks to install CCTVs in brothels
  • AAP govt approves fund for construction of roads, drains in unauthorized colonies
  • Seven injured in Baramulla road accident
  • Pune Smart City with NITI Aayog announces first Hackathon
  • Police use social media to reunite two missing minors with their families in Kashmir
  • SA U-17 girls thrash India in BRICS football tourney
  • Cong blasts Govt for business tycoons fleeing India, BJP blames UPA regime
  • More medic students join indefinite hunger strike demanding hostel accommodation
  • Maratha, Muslim and Dhangar reservation issue rocks Mah Assembly
  • Turkish court sentences journalist to jail under anti-terror law - paper
  • Reduce area under AFSPA in N-E States, says Parliamentary Panel
  • Cong questions Govt’s commitment to remove corruption, asks why Lokpal not appointed for last 4 yrs
  • UN experts urge Ukraine to stop ‘systematic persecution’ of Romas
  • Three more bodies of fishermen recovered, 14 remain untraced
States Share

Unnao rape: Victim records fresh statement before magistrate

Unnao rape: Victim records fresh statement before magistrate

Lucknow, Apr 16 (UNI) With the victim recording a fresh statement before the Magistrate in Lucknow on Monday, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is considering to withdraw the POCSO Act invoked against BJP MLA Kuldeep Singh Sengar in the Unnao rape case.



On Monday the CBI sleuths brought the victim and her mother from Unnao and later she recorded a fresh statement before the magistrate under section 164 of the CrPC. This would be the second statement recorded by the victim. Earlier last year in June, she had recorded a statement before the magistrate in which she did not charge the MLA with the rape.



However, in a fast development, during the medical examination of the victim, it was found that she was not a minor when the rape took place in June, 2017.



Sources said the CBI presented the medical report of the victim in the special court where it was said that she was not a minor at the time of crime. If the victim was not minor at the time of the crime, then court can allow scrapping of the POCSO charges against the MLA.



Earlier, a report had claimed that the victim was around 19 years when she was raped last year.

UNI MB SW 1729

More News
EPS becomes first TN CM to open sluice gates of Mettur dam for irrigation

EPS becomes first TN CM to open sluice gates of Mettur dam for irrigation

19 Jul 2018 | 5:00 PM

Chennai, Jul 19 (UN) In the 84-year history of Mettur dam, Mr Edappadi K Palaniswami on Thursday had the honour of becoming the first Tamil Nadu Chief Minister to open the sluice gates and released water for irrigation, much to the delight of farmers in delta region.

 Sharesee more..

Arvind Kumar asks GHMC officials to address problems faced by public during monsoon

19 Jul 2018 | 4:55 PM

Hyderabad, Jul 19 (UNI) Municipal Administration Principal Secretary Arvind Kumar on Thursday asked the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) officials that the problems being faced by the public during monsoon like water logging, pot holes, overflowing of drains and debris removal should be addressed.

 Sharesee more..

World class exhibition on four eminent personalities of Bengal at National Library: Singh

19 Jul 2018 | 4:53 PM

Kolkata, Jul 19 (UNI) Union Ministry of Culture secretary Raghvendra Singh on Thursday said a world class exhibition on four eminent personalities of Bengal, Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore, Netaji Subha Chandra Bose, Rishi Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay and Dr.

 Sharesee more..

Sinhagad Institutes emerges winners at National Aero Design Competition

19 Jul 2018 | 4:53 PM

Pune, Jul 19 (UNI) Team “Stallion Aero”, comprising two groups of students from Pune-based Sinhgad Technical Education Society’s, emerged as winners in the National Aero Design Competition held in Chennai recently.

 Sharesee more..

KolEevent to take two Indian women to South Pole expedition

19 Jul 2018 | 4:50 PM

Kolkata, Jul 19 (UNI) In a fillip to extreme outdoor sports in this part of the world, KolEevent, a Kolkata based agency, is all set to send two Indian girls as part of a five-member all women expedition team to the South Pole this December.

 Sharesee more..
image