Tuesday, Jan 23 2018 | Time 15:49 Hrs(IST)
image
  • R-Day rehearsal hits Traffic movement in Delhi
  • R-Day rehearsal hits Traffic movement in Delhi
  • Prakrit University to come up at Shravanabelagola
  • Bijli Bacho: Switch to DC with no power shortage
  • Magnitude 8'2 quake off Alaska prompts tsunami warning
  • Siddaramaiah can't present full budget: Yeddyurappa
  • Tripura LF declares candidates, no major change in list
  • Reference rate fixed at 63'7722 against USD
  • Air Force Chief inspects Jodhpur base
  • Police resort to lathicharge on BJP leaders marching Naveen Nivas to demand CBI probe on Kunduli gang rape case
  • Sealing drive: Kejriwal urges Centre to bring Ordinance
  • Triple Talaq Bill conspiracy against Muslims: Owaisi
  • Day chill revisits due to overcast conditions in Kashmir
  • New UP DGP calls for effective, professional policing to improve L&O
  • SC says NIA can prove all aspects except Hadiya's marriage
Sports Share

Pacquiao v Horn rematch confirmed for Brisbane

Pacquiao v Horn rematch confirmed for Brisbane

Undated, Aug 21 (Reuters) Filipino boxer Manny Pacquiao's rematch with Australian Jeff Horn has been confirmed for Brisbane later this year, the city's mayor said today. Brisbane Lord Mayor Graham Quirk had earlier threatened to pull funding without confirmation from the Pacquiao camp but said he had been reassured at a meeting with promoters today. "I have had a meeting earlier today which has confirmed that Manny Pacquiao will definitely be in Brisbane this year for a rematch with Jeff Horn," Quirk told local media. The fight is expected to be held in November at the same Lang Park stadium where a packed crowd of 50,000 saw former schoolteacher Horn upset Pacquiao for the WBO welterweight belt in an unanimous 12-round decision last month. Quirk said Brisbane Marketing, the city council's major events subsidiary, would be re-engaged for negotiations with promoters Top Rank and Duco Events. "It was a matter of Manny Pacquiao deciding whether he wanted to take up that clause in the contract to give a rematch in the event that he lost," Quirk added. Horn's surprise win over 38-year-old Pacquiao caused controversy, with many observers outraged by the decision. But a WBO scoring review later endorsed Horn as the rightful winner. REUTERS RSD 1524

More News

Pope performs miracle, rejects comparisons to Warne

23 Jan 2018 | 3:38 PM

* 18-year-old claims 8-35 in a new tournament record
* Spin great Warne congratulates compatriot
WELLINGTON, Jan 23 (Reuters) Lloyd Pope produced something of a cricketing miracle on Tuesday when the leg-spinner took tournament record figures of eight wickets for 35 to bowl Australia into the semi-finals of the under-19 cricket World Cup in New Zealand.

 Sharesee more..

North Korea participation to highlight opening ceremony

23 Jan 2018 | 2:53 PM

By Jane Chung
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea, Jan 23 (Reuters) North Korea's participation at the next month's Winter Olympics will form an integral part of an opening ceremony that will highlight a key message of peace, Games organisers said on Tuesday.

 Sharesee more..

Kremlin regrets Ahn out of Olympics in S Korea

23 Jan 2018 | 2:52 PM

MOSCOW, Jan 23 (Reuters) Moscow said it regrets that Russian athletes Viktor Ahn, Anton Shipulin and Sergei Ustyugov are not considered eligible for the next month's Winter Olympics in South Korea, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters on Tuesday.

 Sharesee more..
Johannesburg Test: Proteas eyeing whitewash, India look to salvage pride

Johannesburg Test: Proteas eyeing whitewash, India look to salvage pride

23 Jan 2018 | 2:48 PM

Johannesburg, Jan 23 (UNI) After going down 0-2, the Virat Kohli-led Team India will be eyeing to avoid a whitewash when they take on hosts South Africa for the final time in the series here at the New Wandrers stadium on Wednesday.

 Sharesee more..

Russian short track skater Ahn to miss Winter Olympics

23 Jan 2018 | 2:37 PM

MOSCOW, Jan 23 (Reuters) Russian short track speed skater Viktor Ahn, biathlete Anton Shipulin and cross-country skier Sergei Ustyugov are not on the list of athletes eligible for next month's Pyeongchang Winter Games, a Russian Olympic Committee official said on Tuesday.

 Sharesee more..
image