Tuesday, Jun 25 2019 | Time 01:47 Hrs(IST)
image
  • Jailbreak: Ex-inmate being quizzed
  • Cholera outbreak killed over 680 in Yemen since January – Reports
  • Whoring racket busted in MP capital
  • Milan to learn from Beijing in hosting Winter Olympics, says mayor
  • Monsoon breaks over MP
  • Amit Shah, Rajnath & other BJP leaders pay tribute to Madan Lal Saini
  • CM Pema Khandu felicitates members of girls' football team
  • NABARD regional office GM calls on Pema Khandu
  • Arunachal govt invites suggestions for upcoming ‘State Budget’
  • MP CM sets month’s deadline for remission
  • UN concerned over Yemen escalation after latest attack on Saudi airport – Spokesman
  • Rapinoe's penalty brace help US knock out Spain for World Cup quarters
  • Rapinoe's penalty brace help US knock out Spain for World Cup quarters
  • Rapinoe's penalty brace help US knock out Spain for World Cup quarters
  • US imposes new, "hard-hitting" sanctions on Iran amid tensions
Sports


Sex encounter was completely consensual, says Ronaldo's lawyer

Sex encounter was completely consensual, says Ronaldo's lawyer

Lisbon, Oct 11 (UNI) Cristiano Ronaldo did not rape a woman he met in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009 and that the sexual encounter was 'completely consensual', said his lawyer.

"Ronaldo is forced to break his silence," said the Juventus and Portuguese star's lawyer Peter Christiansen in a statement released through Gestifute, the company which manages the player's affairs.

"Once again, for the avoidance of doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo's position has always been, and continues to be, that what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual."

Police in Las Vegas announced last week that they were reopening an investigation into allegations made by a former model, Kathryn Mayorga, relating to an incident in 2009.

Ronaldo has vehemently denied the rape accusations.

"I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me," the 33-year-old said in a statement.

"Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in."

Mayorga claims she was pressured into signing a non-disclosure agreement in 2010 to keep the alleged rape secret and is seeking at least $200,000 in penalties and damages.

"Cristiano Ronaldo does not deny that he agreed to conclude an agreement," added Christiansen.

Christiansen added "documents that allegedly contain statements by Cristiano Ronaldo and were reproduced in the media are pure invention".

UNI XC SDR 1823

More News

CM Pema Khandu felicitates members of girls' football team

25 Jun 2019 | 12:36 AM

Itanagar, Jun 24 (UNI) Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on Monday felicitated members of the girls' football team who played the finals of Hero Sub-Junior Girls’ National Football Championship 2019-20 recently at Cuttack (Odisha) and emerged as runners-up.

see more..

Rapinoe's penalty brace help US knock out Spain for World Cup quarters

25 Jun 2019 | 12:11 AM

Reims, France, Jun 24 (Xinhua) Reigning champions United States booked a quarterfinal spot at the FIFA Women's World Cup here on Monday after edging the hard-fighting Spaniards 2-1 on two penalties.

see more..

Rapinoe's penalty brace help US knock out Spain for World Cup quarters

25 Jun 2019 | 12:10 AM

Reims, France, Jun 24 (Xinhua) Reigning champions United States booked a quarterfinal spot at the FIFA Women's World Cup here on Monday after edging the hard-fighting Spaniards 2-1 on two penalties.

see more..

Rapinoe's penalty brace help US knock out Spain for World Cup quarters

25 Jun 2019 | 12:09 AM

Reims, France, Jun 24 (Xinhua) Reigning champions United States booked a quarterfinal spot at the FIFA Women's World Cup here on Monday after edging the hard-fighting Spaniards 2-1 on two penalties.

see more..
South Africa should use England’s blueprint for World Cup recovery : Jacques Kallis

South Africa should use England’s blueprint for World Cup recovery : Jacques Kallis

24 Jun 2019 | 11:22 PM

Dubai, Jun 24 (UNI) South Africa need to take inspiration from England as they rebuild
their team for the next ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup, according to former South Africa's
Test and ODI captain Jacques Kallis.

see more..
image