Saturday, Feb 22 2020 | Time 18:58 Hrs(IST)
image
  • Bengal Governor condoles death of academician-turned-politician Krishna Bose
  • Make agriculture more attractive and sustainable: Venkaiah Naidu
  • Ranji Trophy, QF: Gujarat dominate, Saurashtra in command against Andhra
  • Ranji Trophy, QF: Gujarat dominate, Saurashtra in command against Andhra
  • Internet, social media have democratised journalism, but brought many anxieties: Prez
  • Nirbhaya case: Convict Vinay Sharma's plea nixed
  • Capable of contesting Aurangabad municipal polls alone: Congress
  • Gaping digital divide in Commonwealth: Study
  • Delray Beach Open: Sharan-Sitak lose to Bryan brothers in quarterfinal
  • PM Modi not accompanying President Trump to Agra, Defence, security, energy tie ups likely
  • Privacy rights cannot be for protection of terrorists, corrupt: Prasad
  • Cong accuses Modi Govt of waiving off Rs 8 lakh crore of big capitals, demands to reveal names
  • PM to distribute mobility aids to Divyangs in Prayagraj on Feb 29
  • Top-seed Halep eases past Brady to reach Dubai final
Sports


Ex-Brazil defender Rodrigues Neto dies

Rio De Janeiro, April 30 (Xinhua) Former Brazil international defender and Flamengo idol Jose Rodrigues Neto died on Monday of a blood clot at the age of 69.
Rodrigues died at the Bonsucesso hospital in Rio de Janeiro, where he had been receiving treatment for thrombosis associated with diabetes.
"It is with immense sadness that we inform of the passing of Rodrigues Neto, one of the greatest players in Flamengo's history," the Rio de Janeiro club said in a statement.
Rodrigues Neto made 438 appearances for Flamengo from 1967 to 1975. He also represented Fluminense, Botafogo, Internacional and Boca Juniors before finishing his career with South China and Eastern SC in Hong Kong, China in the mid-1980s.
The left-back was capped 19 times for Brazil's national team and was a part of the Selecao squad at the 1978 World Cup in Argentina. Ex-Brazil defender Rodrigues Neto dies
RIO DE JANEIRO, April 29 (Xinhua) -- Former Brazil international defender and Flamengo idol Jose Rodrigues Neto died on Monday of a blood clot at the age of 69.
Rodrigues died at the Bonsucesso hospital in Rio de Janeiro, where he had been receiving treatment for thrombosis associated with diabetes.
"It is with immense sadness that we inform of the passing of Rodrigues Neto, one of the greatest players in Flamengo's history," the Rio de Janeiro club said in a statement.
Rodrigues Neto made 438 appearances for Flamengo from 1967 to 1975. He also represented Fluminense, Botafogo, Internacional and Boca Juniors before finishing his career with South China and Eastern SC in Hong Kong, China in the mid-1980s.
The left-back was capped 19 times for Brazil's national team and was a part of the Selecao squad at the 1978 World Cup in Argentina.
XINHUA GK 1219
More News

Delray Beach Open: Sharan-Sitak lose to Bryan brothers in quarterfinal

22 Feb 2020 | 6:06 PM

Florida, Feb 22 (UNI) India's number two doubles player Divij Sharan and his Kiwi partner Artem Sitak lost to defending champions Mike and Bob Bryan in the quarterfinals of the Delray Beach Open here.

see more..

Top-seed Halep eases past Brady to reach Dubai final

22 Feb 2020 | 5:42 PM

Beijing, Feb 22 (Xinhua) Top-seeded Simona Halep easily defeated US qualifier Jennifer Brady 6-2, 6-0 to reach the Dubai Tennis Championships final on Saturday.

see more..

Rybakina edges Martic to reach Dubai Championships final

22 Feb 2020 | 5:41 PM

Beijing, Feb 22 (Xinhua) Kazakh Elena Rybakina cruised past eighth-seeded Petra Martic in the semifinal of the Dubai Championships on Saturday.

see more..

Lagat trains on hilly terrain in Kenya for US Olympic marathon qualifier

22 Feb 2020 | 5:39 PM

Nairobi, Feb 22 (Xinhua) Kenyan-born American runner Bernard Lagat has wound up his Kenyan training camp as he aims to seal his sixth show in marathon at the Tokyo Olympic Games.

see more..

China football authority to introduce extra transfer window due to COVID-19 outbreak

22 Feb 2020 | 5:33 PM

Beijing, Feb 22 (Xinhua) The Chinese Football Association (CFA) announced on Saturday that an extra transfer window will be introduced before the kick-off of its affiliated professional leagues, which have been delayed due to the COVID-19 epidemic.

see more..
image