Friday, Apr 10 2020 | Time 13:05 Hrs(IST)
image
  • Omar appeals locals to cooperate with authorities to combat Coronavirus
  • COVID-19 : 2 new positive cases reported in AP since last 12 hrs, claims six lives so far
  • Lockdown: SSLC, PUC Exams further postponed to May in K'taka
  • South Korea's number of COVID-19 cases registered over past day falls to 27 – Authorities
  • Mah: BJP leader demands Deshmukh's resignation
  • India's SAARC commitment at an advanced stage of implementation
  • COVID-19: cases jump 6000 mark, 199 deaths, 503 recovered so far
  • Special Telangana Cabinet meeting tomorrow
  • Tripura invokes ESMA to manage Covid-19 situation better
  • COVID-19 : Death of 5 cats evokes scare among health authorities, awaits viscera test results
  • Another man tests positive for Coronavirus in Bokaro, total 14 in Jharkhand
  • Two more test positive for COVID-19 in Pondy
  • Covid-19 positive cases touch 48 in Odisha: 4000 kits airlifted from Mumbai
  • COVID-19: US death toll rises to 16,672
  • Corona positive cases reach 60 in Bihar
World


'China ready for talks with US'

'China ready for talks with US'

Beijing, Aug 26 (UNI) Opposing the escalation of trade war with United States, Beijing on Monday said that it is ready to continue consultations with the Washington to overcome contradictions.

"China strongly opposes trade protectionism and blockade in the field of new technologies. China is making efforts to ensure the integrity of production chains, we are ready to resolve the existing problem through consultation and cooperation, we strongly oppose the escalation of trade war", Chinese Vice Premier Liu He said at the opening of the international exhibition Smart China Expo on Monday.

The statement of Liu, who led the Chinese delegation at all trade negotiations with the United States, comes amid the acute trade conflict between the world's two largest economies.

On Friday, the Chinese State Council said tariffs ranging from 5 to 10 percent would be applied to USD 75 billion worth of US goods, with some taking effect on September 1 and others on December 15, Sputnik reported. A 25-percent duty will be introduced on US cars.

Later on Friday, US President Donald Trump said that Washington would raise the existing tariffs on $250 billion worth of Chinese goods to 30 percent from the current rate of 25 percent starting October 1. In addition, the tariffs would be raised to 15 percent from 10 percent on $300 billion worth of Chinese goods starting from September 1.

UNI XC JAL 1202

More News
Children’s story book released to help children & young people cope with COVID-19

Children’s story book released to help children & young people cope with COVID-19

10 Apr 2020 | 9:48 AM

Geneva, Apr 10 (UNI) A new story book that aims to help children understand and come to terms with COVID-19 has been produced by a collaboration of more than 50 organizations working in the humanitarian sector, including the World Health Organisation, the United Nations Children’s Fund, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red
Crescent Societies and Save the Children.

see more..
PAHO releases guide for journalists on COVID-19 information coverage

PAHO releases guide for journalists on COVID-19 information coverage

10 Apr 2020 | 9:21 AM

Washington, Apr 10 (UNI) A guide for journalists with tips for reporting on the 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has released by the Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO).

see more..
UNSC holds first meeting on coronavirus pandemic

UNSC holds first meeting on coronavirus pandemic

10 Apr 2020 | 9:12 AM

United Nations, Apr 10 (UNI) United Nations Security Council (UNSC) held its first ever meeting on the pandemic coronavirus on Friday via video conferencing.

see more..
South Africa extends lockdown for another two weeks

South Africa extends lockdown for another two weeks

10 Apr 2020 | 9:00 AM

Johannesberg, Apr 10 (UNI) In order to stem the spread of Covid-19, South African President Cyril Ramaphosa on Thursday extended the country’s lockdown for another two weeks.

see more..
COVID-19: UK PM moved out of intensive care

COVID-19: UK PM moved out of intensive care

10 Apr 2020 | 8:44 AM

London, Apr 10 (UNI) British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was moved out of intensive care but he would remain in the hospital, Downing Street said on Thursday.

see more..
image