Monday, Sep 24 2018 | Time 17:35 Hrs(IST)
image
  • CM Biren appeals to restore normalcy in Manipur University
  • 25 PoK guests arrive, no Kashmiri crosses LoC
  • MARKET-GUJ-SUGAR
  • MARKET-GUJ-GRAIN
  • MARKET-GUJ-BULLION
  • Delhi High Court bans slaughtering of birds at Ghazipur Mandi
  • Guv Narasimhan flags off metro train services between Ameerpet-LB Nagar route
  • MARKET-FOREX-INTRO
  • MARKET-GUJ-OIL
  • MARKET-GUJ-COTTON
  • MARKET-GUJ-GUR
  • Srinagar-Jammu highway re-opens for traffic after day-long closure
  • Date of filing IT return and audit reports extended by Oct 15
  • 'India's skill-level is high, ours is not quite there' : Sarfraz Ahmed
  • 'India's skill-level is high, ours is not quite there' : Sarfraz Ahmed
India Share

MoS (Home), CRPF DG rushed to Sukma

MoS (Home), CRPF DG rushed to Sukma

New Delhi, Mar 13 (UNI) Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday asked Minister of State (Home) Hansraj Ganga Ram Ahir to rush to Sukma tonight and review the ground situation in the wake of naxal attack in which nine jawans of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) lost their lives in IED blast on Tuesday.

Home Minster, earlier this afternoon had rushed CRPF Director General R R Bhatnagar to Sukma to review the situation.

According to sources in CRPF, the blast occurred when a team of CRPF's 212th Battalion was patrolling in a forest in Kistaram area of Sukma and nine personnel of this Battalion were killed in the IED blast, suspected to be triggered by the Maoists.

The security men were on patrolling of the area for area-domination operation in the forest of Kistaram.

Mr Singh also spoke to Chhattisgarh Chief Minster Dr Raman Singh today over the incident.

This was the second encounter on Tuesday. Earlier in the day, the CRPF had another brush with the ultras who had to beat a retreat after heavy retaliation by the 208 Battalion of the force.

Later around 1245 hours, the Maoists targeted the patrolling team of 212 Battalion. Soon after the incident, reinforcements were rushed to the spot, an official said.

Home Minister Rajnath Singh strongly condemned the attack. “My heart-felt condolences to the families of those personnel who lost their lives in Sukma blast. I pray for the speedy recovery of the injured jawans,' he said in a tweet.

UNI AKS SHK 2056

More News
AP, Odisha, MP bag award of best performing states

AP, Odisha, MP bag award of best performing states

24 Sep 2018 | 4:59 PM

New Delhi, Sep 24 (UNI) Andhra Pradesh has topped the charts among States in terms of 'Ease of Living Index' rankings launched by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).

 Sharesee more..
Biggest scam in defence acquisition history, Cong meets CVC, demands FIR on Rafale deal

Biggest scam in defence acquisition history, Cong meets CVC, demands FIR on Rafale deal

24 Sep 2018 | 4:53 PM

New Delhi, Sep 24 (UNI) Launching an all-out attack on Narendra Modi government over the Rs 59,000 crore controversial Rafale fighter jet deal, the Congress party on Monday met Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) and demanded to register a case on the deal.

 Sharesee more..
Govt dismisses Rahul Gandhi’s comment on SPG

Govt dismisses Rahul Gandhi’s comment on SPG

24 Sep 2018 | 4:50 PM

New Delhi, Sep 24 (UNI) The government on Monday dismissed Congress president Rahul Gandhi’s charge regarding former Director of SPG Vivek Srivastava's resignation as “baseless”, devoid of fact and unfortunate.

 Sharesee more..
Health professionals welcome Ayushman Bharat –Pradhan Mantri Jan AarogyaYojana (AB-PMJAY)

Health professionals welcome Ayushman Bharat –Pradhan Mantri Jan AarogyaYojana (AB-PMJAY)

24 Sep 2018 | 3:58 PM

New Delhi, Sep 24 (UNI) Lauding the rollout of Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday, health professionals said they welcome this initiative by the Government as it will bring revolutionary change to healthcare in India.

 Sharesee more..
Pity that govt refuses to order inquiry: Chidambaram on Rafale scam

Pity that govt refuses to order inquiry: Chidambaram on Rafale scam

24 Sep 2018 | 3:52 PM

New Delhi, Sep 24 (UNI) Senior Congress leader and former Finance Minister P Chidambaram on Monday slammed the Narendra Modi Government for its refusal to order a probe into the Rafale deal despite a statement by former France President Francois Hollande that his government did not have a choice in the selection of AnilAmbani’s company as the offset partner in the Rafale deal.

 Sharesee more..
image