Sunday, Apr 5 2020 | Time 04:58 Hrs(IST)
image
  • Russia's Rosatom continues building NPPs abroad despite COVID-19 pandemic - Rosatom Head
  • COVID-19 cases in US top 300,000: Johns Hopkins University
  • US to deploy thousands of medics to help counter COVID-19- Trump
  • Israel confirms 423 new COVID-19 cases
  • France reports 7,560 COVID-19 deaths, 6,838 in intensive care
  • COVID-19: Senior officers infected in MP capital
  • COVID-19: With seven new positive cases, HP count increases to 13
  • US COVID-19 deaths top 8,000
  • Meghalaya tracing people in contact with COVID-19 patient from Assam
  • Italy registers 124,632 coronavirus cases, death toll at 15,362
  • Greece extends lockdown till April 27 as infections hit 1,673, deaths at 68
  • COVID-19: Seven positive cases detected in IGMC, HP
  • UK confirms 41,903 COVID-19 cases with five-year-old among youngest victims
  • COVID-19: Thane, Palghar report new cases
  • COVID-19: Three IAF personnel sent to quarantine
India


Govt to facilitate doubling of milk processing capacity by 2025

Govt to facilitate doubling of milk processing capacity by 2025

New Delhi, Feb 18 (UNI) Government will facilitate doubling of milk processing capacity to 108 million MT by 2025 from 53.5 million MT and is continuously working towards increasing milk productivity through genetic improvement and reduction of input cost.

Milk production in India has grown by 6.4 per cent during the last five years and has increased to 187.7 million MT in 2018-19 from 146.3 million MT in 2014-15, said the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying on Tuesday.

About 54 per cent of milk produced is marketable surplus and remaining 46 per cent is retained in villages for local consumption.

Out of the marketable surplus available with farmers, only 36 per cent is handled by organised sectors evenly shared by cooperative and private sector.

There is a need to bring the remaining 64 per cent surplus milk under the organized fold through various interventions. During last two years, milk procurement has grown by about 9 per cent in the Cooperative sector.

A special programme has also been launched recently for improvement of milk quality by providing required testing facilities at village and dairy plant level for safe human consumption.

It is proposed to further intensify the Quality Milk Programme for both cooperative and private sector with fund sharing basis. With a thrust on better productivity, reduced input cost and better quality milk and milk product, the competitiveness and profitability in the dairy sector will get enhanced leading to increased demand of dairy products in domestic and international market.

This would also bring private investments in the sector to boost growth in rural income and also employment.

UNI RSA ADG 1609

More News
Total COVID-19 cases rise to 445 in Delhi; 301 related to Markaz

Total COVID-19 cases rise to 445 in Delhi; 301 related to Markaz

04 Apr 2020 | 11:52 PM

New Delhi, Apr 4 (UNI) A total of 59 new positive Novel Coronavirus cases have surfaced in Delhi in the past 24 hours, raising the total number to 445, Office of the Chief Minister of Delhi said here on Saturday night.

see more..
Kejriwal, Sisodia address session on 'Parenting in the Time of Corona'

Kejriwal, Sisodia address session on 'Parenting in the Time of Corona'

04 Apr 2020 | 11:45 PM

New Delhi, Apr 4 (UNI) Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Saturday conducted a live interactive session on 'Parenting in the Time of Corona,' addressing Delhi's 44 lakh children and their parents.

see more..
PM speaks to US Pres, counterparts in Spain, Brazil on COVID-19

PM speaks to US Pres, counterparts in Spain, Brazil on COVID-19

04 Apr 2020 | 11:37 PM

New Delhi, Apr 4 (UNI) Prime Minister Narendra Modi had a telephonic conversation on Saturday with US President Donald Trump and exchanged views with him on the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and it's impact on the global well-being and economy.

see more..

Date for submitting forms for claiming exemption from TDS extended

04 Apr 2020 | 10:41 PM

New Delhi, Apr 4 (UNI) In a measure to mitigate the hardship of people amid the Novel Coronavirus crisis, the Income Tax Department on Saturday allowed individuals to submit Form 15G and 15H for the current fiscal after June 30, for claiming exemption from TDS on interest income.

see more..
PM discusses ways to fight COVID-19 with US Pres

PM discusses ways to fight COVID-19 with US Pres

04 Apr 2020 | 10:27 PM

New Delhi, Apr 4 (UNI) Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday had a telephonic conversation with US President Donald Trump on the Novel Coronavirus pandemic, which has swept the world, killing more than 50,000 and affecting more than a million people.

see more..
image