Thursday, Aug 15 2024 | Time 04:13 Hrs(IST)
image
World


5.6-magnitude earthquake in Türkiye kills 1, injures 69

Ankara, Feb. 27 (UNI) One person was killed, 69 others were injured after a 5.6 magnitude earthquake hit eastern Türkiye on Monday, three weeks after the massive quakes that claimed more than 44,000 lives, the country's disaster agency said.

The earthquake's epicenter was located at the Yesilyurt district of Malatya province, which had already been struck by the powerful tremors on Feb. 6.
More News

Egypt intensifies talks with UAE, Saudi Arabia, Turkiye to contain regional crisis

14 Aug 2024 | 11:42 PM

Cairo, Aug 14 (UNI) Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty held phone talks with his counterparts in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Saudi Arabia, and Turkiye to discuss joint efforts to contain regional tensions, including the Sudanese crisis and the war in the Gaza Strip, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Wednesday.

see more..

Hasina's statements from India not conducive to improving ties: Bangladesh Foreign Affairs Advisor

14 Aug 2024 | 11:03 PM

Dhaka, Aug 14 (UNI) Bangladesh Foreign Affairs Advisor Md Touhid Hossain conveyed to Indian High Commissioner Pranay Verma on Wednesday that former Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's recent statements from India “are not conducive to improving Dhaka-Delhi ties”.

see more..

Acclaimed filmmaker Ritwik Ghatak’s ancestral home in Bangladesh demolished

14 Aug 2024 | 9:46 PM

Dhaka, Aug 14 (UNI) The ancestral home of legendary Bengali filmmaker Ritwik Kumar Ghatak in Rajshahi, Bangladesh, has been reduced to rubble, sparking outrage among local residents and cultural activists.

see more..

Sudan clashes uproot over 800K people into South Sudan: minister

14 Aug 2024 | 9:12 PM

Juba, Aug 14 (UNI) The ongoing conflict in Sudan between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces (RSF) has forced more than 800,000 people to flee into neighboring South Sudan since April 2023, a South Sudanese official said Wednesday.

see more..

U S military claims destruction of 2 Houthi vessels in Red Sea

14 Aug 2024 | 8:58 PM

Sanna, Aug 14 (UNI) The U.S. military forces claimed to have destroyed two Houthi vessels in the Red Sea, the U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) stated on Wednesday.

see more..
image